Style Note: The Isabella Oliver Cape

Posted by London Darling

Yesterday was one of those cold and breezy days in London when you really need something warm and snug to wrap up in. And what better way to wrap up than in a cape. It's the perfect alternative to a winter coat. I received this beautiful one as a Christmas Gift from one of my favourite labels Isabella Oliver.

Isabella Oliver Cape

London Fashion Week Diary: BODYAMR

Posted by London Darling

The BODYAMR show was one that I was particularly looking forward to, and it was well worth the wait. The signature draping that I love still played a huge role in the collection as an abundance of luxe fabrics and beaded embellishment.

BODYAMR show

Giveaway: Win Tickets to the 2010 Vitality Show!

Posted by London Darling

The lovely team at Vitality are treating three lucky readers to a pair of free tickets! Running from 18th-21st March in London’s Earls Court 2, Vitality is the UK’s largest health, beauty, fitness and wellbeing event for women.

WIN Vitality tickets

Beauty Buzz: Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare

Posted by London Darling

I recently changed my beauty regime to include the Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, the Instant Boost Skin Tonic and Skin Repair Moisturiser. It's been just six days, and already I've seen a noticeable difference in the clarity of my complexion and the texture of my skin.

Liz Earle Skincare

Last week I attended a Bobbi Brown event for an introduction to their new Pretty Powerful campaign. It takes a look into the relationship that women have with makeup and how it makes them feel. Many of us at the event agreed that it made us feel a little more 'polished', 'put together' and more confident.

The idea behind Pretty Powerful is to show how a few simple tweaks to your daily makeup routine can help you achieve more beautiful results for added confidence in looking your best.

I had the opportunity to try out some products with Bobbi Brown's Head of Artistry Paul Herrington. He showed me how in less than 10 minutes, I could brighten my normal makeup look with Pout Rouge (£16.50) and Long-wear Gel Eyeliner (£15.00).

Normally, I shy away from wearing cream blush because my skin can be oily and within a few hours the colour melts into the skin. And I don't wear much eyeliner partly because I'm too impatient to put it on and also the fact that I never quite mastered the liquid liner look.

But I was presently surprised to discover how fool-proof it was to apply Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner. With the nifty eyeliner brush in tow, making my eyes pop is now easy. The Pout Rouge for Lips also works a treat on my cheeks and has the staying power I need.

Prior to the event, I only had one Bobbi Brown product in my makeup kit, and that was the Shimmer Brick; a must-have especially during the Summer to pull off a dewy, golden look. However, now I'm keen to stock up on more Bobbi Brown essentials for the sheer ease and versatility of the brand.

Check out my before and after photo to see how I went from 'pretty' to 'pretty powerful'. (No, I'm not indulging in self appreciation here, merely quoting the words of Paul Herrington! ).


To find out how Bobbi Brown can take you there too, visit your nearest store, or watch the video campaign online at www.bobbibrown.co.uk/prettypowerful

My question to you is how does makeup make you feel? Leave your comments please!

2 Response to "Beauty Buzz: Pretty Powerful with Bobbi Brown"

  1. Kellie Hill aka BigFashionista Said,

    Make up is my defence against the world. An armour so to speak. I adore make up, everything from cheap brands to high end brands. I don't have a snobbery when it comes to my make up. I just enjoy it for what it is.

    Which is why I was so devastated last week when it all got destroyed.

    But it gives me a chance to start again.

     

  2. @BigFashionista That's an interesting idea; makeup as Armour! I'm completely on the same page when it comes to being a makeup anti-snob! I'll pretty much pick up whatever, from cheap and cheerful to luxe buys, as long as they work for what I need. Thanks for commenting! x

     

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Let me know your thoughts, opinions and responses here. Thank you.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Become a fan on Facebook!
Look who's reading now...

Cath Kidston Ltd.

Matches Fashion

Molly Brown

Lipsy

Kabiri Ltd

Kurt Geiger Ltd.

MyTheresa

Liberty.co.uk

♥ My Other Blogs

  • On Tuesday 20th October, Pretty Stylish London hosted a fundraising event entitled The Big Pink Pamper Party, in aid of Cancer Research UK and to highlight...
  • When you get tired of that Dior bag of three seasons past and fancy a new addition to your collection, ebay is probably your first port of call, right? Wel...

♥ Useful Links

Abazias
Who in their right mind purposefully wastes hard earned money? Especially when they don't have to. If you're looking for engagement rings, design your own for affordable prices, only at Abazias.

♥ Snaps of the Editor

♥ Snaps of the Editor

Independent Fashion Bloggers/

CommentLuv Enabled